Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Gloria by Lorelei Young

October 25, 1997 Gloria, age 52
Dear diary,
My name is Gloria, and i’m going to tell you a story so awful
it’ll  send shivers down your spine. It all started back in 1958,
when I was only 19. It scarred me for life.


My small car bumped up and down as I scooted down the
road. Little did I know it would be the last. For the car,
anyway. Heh. RRRRRRRRRR...
What was that?!  I thought. “Eh, must be the wind.” But  I was
wrong. CRUNCH. “*gasp!*”

“Just the wind. Just the wind. Just the wind.” I reassured  
myself. The cars roof caved in. A black figure floated
through the window. I screamed and didn’t stop. The figure
made a awful noise and sort of… shriveled up some. Were
screams his weakness? I must be sure. I thought. I screamed
at the top of my lungs. It shriveled up even more.
“EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!” I screamed again. This time it did
nothing. It just froze. I decided then my life was at stake. So I
busted open the door and ran. But the ground was disappearing
before my eyes! “No!! What’s happening?!” I gasped. Just
then, I slipped on the mud and heard a crunch. My ankle was
definitely broken.  I screamed with pain and agony. I grabbed
the car door and hoisted myself up right as the ground vanished
beneath me.


Later I awoke in a very strange place. I looked around. I saw
red everywhere. I got up and floated to the  other side of this...
cave? Wait-- floated!? What in the world was going on!? Then
this very strange figure came in and I immediately recognized  it.
From that moment, I decided to call it, “The Terror,”. It made a
noise and bolted towards me. I knew what to do this time.
“AAAIIEEE!!!!”


The thing… well, died. I think so. I hope so. So I had to scream.
A LOT. It finally screamed with me, shriveled up, and died.
It looked very… strange. For a moment, I just looked at it in
horror, and then ran out of the cave, or whatever it was. Outside,
there was…


Okay, I know you are probably thinking, “Ohh, no! What now!?”
Nope!


There was… a rainbow. I know this is likely the strangest story
you have ever read, but it’s all true.
After this I bought a new car, of course, went to college, got a job at a
bakery, got married, and had a baby girl.  


Well, that’s it. I told you all I can. Or, all I want to remember.


The End



No comments:

Post a Comment